Based on LDS Living Article: “7 Mistakes LDS Parents Make and How to Avoid Them”
10 mistakes LDS parents make and how to avoid them: Preparing Your Kids to Serve Missions.”
1) Sending them to a public or charter school.
2) Trying to Control your kids and make them do what you want them to do.
3) Forcing them to go to church, read their scriptures, do church activities, etcetera.
4) Using body language and facial expressions like the ones this woman in the photo Facebook Shows with the Link to the LDS Living Article:
5) Expecting your child to learn the gospel by concept and memorization in church, instead of by daily life and by your example.
6) Not putting love first in your relationship with your child. Putting love and the relationship last.
7) Avoiding family home evening and, if married, weekly dates with your spouse to keep the family strong.
8) Not giving your child what he or she needs in the relationship with you, when it is needed.
9) Not listening and caring about your child’s desires and decisions, therefore killing your child’s ability to make them on his or her own.
10) Telling your kid how it is and to face it, rather than letting your kid grow up naturally and gradually, helping choose his or her life, learn about life on his or her own, etcetera.